Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Red Rider

our little 50's housewife


Amelia and Wyatt got a new toy this weekend thanks to GG Taylor's! Can you tell we tend towards things that are red and retro? Now if we could only find a house with those qualities in our price range in a decent neighborhood.

This tri-bike (as Amelia excitedly calls it) should last until Wyatt is big enough to ride it, hopefully with minimal rust. Amelia can't quite reach the pedals, but before long she'll be riding around to all of the places she tells us she's pretending to be going: the beach, the playground, to see the cranes in the harbor, etc.

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Did you make the dress? Pretty soon you'll find Wyatt riding on the back of that bike with some sort of cord around him to keep him on : ) (This is the kind of thing our kids come up with).

Bowmina said...

I LOVE her dress, she belongs in my kitchen :) I wish I had one like that!

nicole said...

hurrah for bikes and trikes and for all things retro.

The Brooner's said...

She is so stinking cute, I want to squeeze her. Lets get together.

Unknown said...

I wish I could say I made that dress, but I couldn't resist a dress that coordinated with her kitchen when I saw it at (dare I say it?) Costco!

Amy said...

My girls have the same trike! It was actually purchased second hand, went through Alyssa and now Lauren is using it, and it is still in great shape! I have even sort of rode the back of it when putting it away :-)

Love Amelia's dress! It definately goes with the cherry theme in her kitchen and looks especially cute with her mom's high heeled shoes!

kdk said...

The Michigan GP's gave us the Retro Red, too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie :)
I found your blog a while back. I've enjoyed your posts! You have a sweet family. Congrats on that baby boy! He's adorable!

I tried commenting earlier on your Eichler home search...I was drooling over here! I hope you find one that works!

Steph LaBenne