Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial weekend

a little apprehensive of Daddy paddling out into the water

hangin' with Uncle T-Bone

getting ready for Baby Brother

Our long weekend started off with a typical May-gray morning in Huntington Beach. After awhile, Amelia was ready to brave the surf with Daddy. Despite not having tremendous tubular waves, Travis paddled back out and if you look really close at the picture of Amelia climbing the hill, you can see Dave, Connie and Travis in the water. I know that to most, the little black specks in the water all look the same, but they know who they are! It was fun to run into some people we knew, that doesn't happen too often here compared to where I grew up. I guess it helps that all the bro’s tend to surf the same spot.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, working around the house and working on a landscape design. I got a manicure and pedicure (thanks, Drew!) so I am now officially ready for the baby to come. : )

3 comments:

Amy said...

Just a few years and Amelia will be surfing too! Very sweet of Amelia taking care of the little baby--good practice. I wonder what she'll think when its a real baby!

We are praying for you guys and the safe arrival of the little guy.

nicole said...

I love the belly shot.

The Brooner's said...

Love the pic of Amelia getting ready for baby brother, adorable!