Monday, May 4, 2009

play date & a picnic

baby Bridget

Daddy's building in the background (to the right)

it doesn't get much better than this...

Last week we got to go visit my friend Kari and her 3 month old baby Bridget. We had lots of fun catching up, eating Greek food and getting a sweet treat at the bakery afterward. I hope we have many more of those days!

We also picked Daddy up from work another day and had a picnic in a park by his work. Its always fun for him to get out of the office for an hour and spend time with his girls. : ) Next time there might be a little boy with us...

Side note: I ate a huge piece of chocolate cake for breakfast this morning. I'm only admitting that because I'm pregnant. I have never done anything like that in the past (well, maybe a brownie here and there).

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Good for you girl! I've done it before even when I'm not pregnant : ) Bill Cosby says it has all the same ingredients as other breakfast foods, so cake for breakfast is just fine.
Picnics with daddys in the middle of a work day are the best.

Amy said...

I love Amelia's expression sitting on her daddy's shoulders! Those picnic lunches must be pretty special and it looks like you do it fairly regularly.

I don't see anything wrong having dessert for breakfast :). What's the difference if we have breakfast for dinner! I too, have indulged on occassion. Just enjoy it!

The countdown is on for your little guy! Praying for you!

NaomiG said...

Debris eats ice cream for breakfast with some regularity. With a fork. (she has to eat it with a fork. A spoon will not do.) It's only because I am not a morning person, and she is, and she's much quicker and smarter than me in the morning. Those pics are great! Lunch with dad is the best.

Megan Miller said...

Cute header you embroidery fiend! That website I was telling you about is www.patternbee.com. I looked at it aagain and some of it is really cute and some of it...

I would never succomb to chocolate cake for breakfast. I perfer to keep things healthy like say a pumpkin scone with maple icing.

Anonymous said...

So Awesome, thanks for posting. Amelia is great, I just love hanging out with her, Bridget too.

I always eat sweets for breakfast, had cookies this morning!

kdk said...

Chocolate cake - that is funny.

Julia Peel said...

Very cute ducks. You should send Amelia away for the weekend more often! :)

The Stew Fam said...

TOO CUTE! Man, that is a cute little girl you got, and 2 years old already!!! You hardley look prego at all too!!! Can't believe you are 8 months! Miss you Nat.