Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wyatt Elliott

Amelia holding Wyatt for the first time

Daddy with his babies

family of four!

happy Grandma's

Papa and his grandchildren

Proud auntie and uncles

Gene & Auntie Linz

where he hangs out here at home

Our little Wyatt Elliott has finally arrived! He came into the world at 2:28 pm on Saturday, June 13 weighing in at 7 lbs, 9 oz and 20” long. He took his time coming past his due date, but once he decided to appear, he was in a big hurry.

I had been scheduled for an inducement on Friday and Saturday mornings, but both had been cancelled due to full labor and delivery department at the hospital. Contractions started coming on their own on Saturday morning, but they were very dull and sporadic. I went for a walk with Mom and Amelia which didn't seem to get things moving any faster. Then Nathan and I went to Long Beach and got some coffee and then they started coming stronger. After an hour or so of getting home, I called the doctor as they were 5-7 minutes apart and I thought we could head to the hospital. We hopped in the car and soon they were every 2 minutes apart. Mind you, we had about a 30 minute drive to the hospital on Pacific Coast Highway with lots of red lights and beach traffic! Let’s just say by the time they were wheeling me into the only room available, I was asking for my epidural (no time for that!) and he was born within about 10 minutes. It was a whirlwind, but the Lord ordered it all and he is here safe and sound. And I am feeling way better than I did after Amelia’s delivery.

We enjoyed all of our family coming to visit at the hospital and we love having Wyatt home with us now. He’s a sweet little bundle that sleeps a lot! Amelia likes to try to help me feed him and peek at him through his make-shift laundry basket bassinet (it takes up less room for now than our ‘real’ one). I’ve been getting some sleep and yummy meals thanks to Daddy and Grandma. Thanks again to everyone for your prayers, calls and messages.

16 comments:

Glenda Conner said...

WooHoo - welcome little Wyatt and Congrats Nathan, Natalie and Amelia on your precious new little bundle!

Brooke said...

Yah! The reason I've been checking blog land every few seconds : ) I'm so happy for you, Natalie. I'll give you a chance to settle in and then I'll have to give you a call. Guess you didn't have to think about me with lots of pushing this time either, now did ya? : ) You really should have dozens of children. I'm so glad that you made it to the hospital though. Take care and sleep, sleep, sleep, eat, eat, eat while you have your mommy there!

NaomiG said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So excited to finally see pics... what a cutie. Love the huge smiles on everyone's faces! The bassinet is awesome... you figure out real fast they don't actually need a crib to be happy, I know we did with our 2nd also. Love the story of the delivery... that's great. While I know it's always busy on that road, it's a good thing it wasn't rush hour!! :-)

Megan Miller said...

Congratulations again! Can't wait to meet him in person. Love the little bassinet. ;o) I bet Nathan was sweatin' bullets on the way to the hosp.- glad you made it safely!

kdk said...

(I've also been checking your blog five times a day.) He's beautiful. And, you're in the no-needle club now...it's a fine way to go, all except the part where you scream like a madwoman. On second thought, you might not've had time to scream!

Tia Langston said...

What a handsome dude! And sheesh woman...could you look any better! Didn't you just give birth to a baby!!! Way to go!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Natalie! You are a warrior now -- giving childbirth without pain medication! I love Wyatt's name and Amelia looks so happy to be a big sister. What a gorgeous family you have -- you are truly blessed. Take care my friend!

Amy said...

Welcome to the world, dear little Wyatt! Our congratulations to your family of four--we are so happy for you! Enjoyed the pictures and especially Wyatt's little bed. Let your mom handle things for a few days and get lots of rest!

The Brooner's said...

I love your labor stories, always so quick but suspenseful and exciting!!! So did Dr. Podlas even make it there in time? I can't believe you had 10 minutes to spare...ha ha ha! You better watch out witht the third one, it might be a home birth. We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet little Wyatt E!

Sjo said...

So glad to here that he's here and all's well. Quick deliveries are awesome, that's how my second birth went only with a little more time to spare. Welcome little Wyatt!!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Awww, he is adorable! I love the name you chose. Congratulations on his arrival and I am glad things went well. You look great!

KLamb said...

I want to come there and hold that little darling for a few hours. (You can't spoil them this young, they say.) Give both kidlets a big hug and kiss from Great Aunt Kathy. Such a beautiful family you have!

Anonymous said...

Nathan and Natalie, we are sooooo happy for you and thanks for posting all the photos. They are worth a million words! Glad everything went well. I too kept looking and saw the "still waiting"
Love Jim and Joyce

Debbie said...

Yay! Congratulations! Cute name for a cute little guy! Love the pic of him in the laundry basket.

Anonymous said...

Great Aunt Jane and Great Uncle Ernie say.....We love both blog styles - Nat and Nate have great writing skills and a beautiful family! We are glad everything went so quickly once Sat. came around! Wecome Wyatt!
We look forward to seeing you all next week - hopefully

nicole said...

How delightful! What a blessing! Love the name. Enjoy having a boy & a girl. all our love to all of you!