Wednesday, August 11, 2010

jingle, jingle

No, that would not be the sound of money in our pockets. Quite contrary, actually. It is the sound of keys to our very own condo! After seven offers on various houses, we closed escrow earlier today. Fortunately for some of you, it’s not an Eichler or Cliff May home (see Nathan’s previous post on this topic). Perhaps someday. For now, we are so excited to get to stay in the neighborhood, only moving a mere four miles away. This is four miles from the beach though, so we'll have to get used to that. :) Here are a few before pictures from when we walked through it the first time a couple of months ago. And don't expect to see any after pictures for at least a month or more! Or any other blog posts for that matter...


Did you happen to count those last three? That's three bedrooms! Oh, and two bathrooms. So now when someone is in the bathroom and one of the girls needs to go, we can just go in the other one. What a luxury. : ) And three bedrooms for three children to nap in so I can get some peace and quiet. I think I like the sound of that. And yes, there are trade offs moving from a (rental) house to a condo, but we've come to grips with those and are so thankful that the Lord has provided a place for us to live with our family in a safe neighborhood.

5 comments:

NaomiG said...

Oh, how exciting! Congratulations!!It's lovely to have your own home. Condos are good--in fact, a lot of things about them are great. I was personally hoping you'd end up with an Eichler, myself, but that's just me. :-) I love everything Eichler I've ever seen.

nicole said...

awesome-ness. i second naomi.
God is good.

Brooke said...

Congrats. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm so happy that you can end the painful hunting and putting in offers stage. I feel your pain on the moving, though : ) I won't be looking for any posts for a while. But I will be praying! Praise the Lord!

KLamb said...

Wow, it looks nice and roomy! How about that popcorn party we talked about???

Julia Peel said...

Cool!!! Yeah! There's nothing worse than the whole house buying process. So glad it's over for you. Congrats on the new digs....let us know when you're ready for company. :)