Friday, September 10, 2010

transition

Well, we're moved in. And that's about it. I really hope to have "after" pictures soon, but I'm thinking it will be awhile before we get to the nice, clean, organized stage. Many, many, many thanks to all those who have helped us get it this far. Eileen, Lindsay and Gene for all the times you've come up/down for the day to watch the kids, my mom for flying down to watch the kids for a week (even sleeping on the floor at our old, empty house for a couple of nights!), my dad for flying down last minute to help with all of the extra projects, Travis and Kim for all of the help painting, cleaning and installing things... and boxes!

Our room. The boxes are continually shifting.

Wyatt's room.

Amelia's room.

My favorite part of the house right now because
it's done and hiding boxes behind doors. ; )

Yes, the couches are still wrapped in plastic a week later
as there has still been a lot of painting and sanding going on.

I'm really, really hoping we can put the appliances where they go by tomorrow.

The tool/trash/paint/old sink center.

Wyatt watching Grandpa hide the exposed electrical so his little fingers don't get electrocuted again (he's fine by the way). And a glimpse at the new floor and counter tops.

Daddy's make-shift office now that we have internet hooked up. Doesn't that look convenient?

9 comments:

Megan Miller said...

Daddy looks very thrilled with his office arrangement. ;) Love the kid's rooms..they look so big! SO happy for you guys. May you have the grace to get through this very messy, dishelved stage! Can't wait for the dust to settle so we can come visit! ;)

kdk said...

I have lived that life, and it does end (not the life, but that phase - ha!). The house looks great; we're very happy for you.

The Brooner's said...

Those rooms are huge!!! I can't wait to visit!

Julia Peel said...

Natalie, everything looks so great! All of the changes look really, really beautiful.....I love Amelia's room. Just say the word and we'll be up. (We're currently about 1 year out from being able to have company.) Hey, can you come help me install our crown molding? Your's looks great, and that's my next project but I haven't done it before. :)

Brooke said...

Good work. You're terrifying me for what's about to come for us, however : ) I sure hope we can come see your new place sometime!

Anonymous said...

LOOKING GOOD! It is easy to glimpse into the future rooms! Glad you are this far along! CONGRATS! Love Aunt Jane

Anonymous said...

Nice to see grandpa doing his handyguy thing. Love you guys...Unka Ern

KLamb said...

Wow, your team made a lot of progress! Praying for you as you get organized and back to a semblance of order! Looks great! Congrats!

NaomiG said...

Wow... it looks awesome!! Behind the mess I mean... haha! That moving mess is so hard. Hang in there, and have fun! Can't wait to see the after pics! :-)