Wednesday, November 24, 2010

blood donation = free fish

At the hospital where Kim works, they treat you right when you donate blood. Incentives include espresso drinks or various free tickets, and getting to sit in a comfortable chair uninterrupted by children while nice nurses bring you whatever you want (Drumstick or Dove Bar?). Not to mention Kim gets eight hours paid time off for up to four donations per year. I'm not into needles and blood, but I have big veins in my arms and I just don't look. Funny what things you look forward to after spending most of your time at home with kids. : )

Anyway, both Kim and I opted for Aquarium of the Pacific tickets the last time we donated. It was a fun day for all. Oh, and we pet a shark. Never thought I'd do that... but it was small and everyone else was doing it. ; )


Enjoying Goldfish crackers and people watching while the rest of us watched fish.


6 comments:

Brooke said...

That sounds good enough to fly down and donate some blood : ) Especially the comfy chair and a little nap while they suck the blood! That's a pretty good stink eye Amelia's giving that eel--those things are quite creepy, in my opinion. Shark petting, eh?

Eileen said...

Wow, wonder what the hospital gives up here? Maybe I better go check it out. (probably a bumper sticker saying I gave blood) :-) looked like a fun day though.

Anonymous said...

I love your stories! So great to keep up to date on y'all. Happy Thanksgiving! --Jill

NaomiG said...

Wasn't quite sure what to expect when that post title popped up in my feed, haha! :-) That's really cool!

Lindsay and Gene said...

I love that last picture of Wyatt :) Lucky kids, I haven't even been to the Long Beach Aquarium!

Anonymous said...

When I have given blood at our local blood bank, they gave me orange, apple, coffe, tea, hard cheap cookies...they did pin farside jokes on the ceiling over the bed for amusement..you do have some nice choices! Love the aquarium pic's. What does a shark feel like? A Jane