Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ducks, dessert & dinner

When it was too quiet, I went to check on the kids and found this wonderful scene:

(if only that happened more often)


Watching a turtle go back in the water at the duck pond.


My friend Kari was back in town and her sister, April is a pastry/dessert chef at The Resort at Pelican Hill in Newport Coast. So a few of us were able to go and get the royal treatment. April sent out a sample of every kind of dessert they have on their menu, and it was amazing. We had a four course dessert extravaganza and then we got to tour the kitchen and snagged a few more treats back there. It was so much fun!



Dinner out with Travis and Kim. ♥


6 comments:

Brooke said...

Look how cute you look, Natalie! Those desserts look like something I could handle : ) And wouldn't it be nice if that's always what we found when the kids were too quiet???? I had one of those moments the other day when I was putting Nora down for her nap. I fell asleep and woke up because it was too quiet. Turns out that Ezra had put Caroline down for a nap in his bed and was quietly playing Legos beside her while she slept. Ha--he could have asked for the moon at that moment and I gladly would have given it to him : )

kdk said...

Desserts look delicious & the Adkins look great!

nicole said...

ah book readers...wait until they fall asleep reading and books plop on their sweet little faces!

Anonymous said...

I can ALMOST taste and experience your beautiful dessert feast! A Jane

The Brooner's said...

Nat did you cut your hair? So cute!

Lindsay and Gene said...

Wow I really want to try those desserts!