Sunday, August 21, 2011

our boy

We had a babysitter recently say to us, "Wyatt is soooo cute!" And I replied, "I'm glad he's cute because he can be SO naughty." Here are some prime examples:


Quite proud of his new swim vest thing. No, he did not wear it for his bath and yes, we did put board shorts over the bottoms for the pool. We aren't that European here, folks.


He climbed out of his crib a couple of times last week, so he now sleeps in his "big boy bed." This has made for some very messy and destructive naps. And I've been having to take naps to help with the mental capacity it takes to keep up with it all. It is getting better and I think I've moved everything I can think of up high in his closet that he shouldn't be getting into. See that curtain/blind rod? That's broken into three pieces now. And he hid two of them between his sliding closet doors down in the tracks. Naughty, I tell you.


Poor Baby Uncle Ernie.

And the hat. And blankets. And carpet. And dresser. And desk. And truck. And stuffed animals. Oh, and Wyatt's eyes, face, hair and clothes. The eyes were the give away as it stung and he cried so I went to check on him.

He had been playing so nice and quiet before that.

8 comments:

Megan Miller said...

He reminds me of a certain someone. He IS soooo cute. Mia asked why the dolly so messy. I said Wyatt did it. "Wyatt is funny. I want to go to Wyatt's house." Actually he reminds me of two certain someones.

Lindsay and Gene said...

Aww he really is the cutest but wow how he can make a mess :) I love his swim vest and I am very happy to hear you put boardshorts on him, I have seen too many of those little shorts/spedos for a lifetime.

NaomiG said...

I was just thinking the other day it would be fun to have a little boy. Thanks for curing that!! Haha! He is REALLY cute though. :-)

kdk said...

BABY UNCLE ERNIE! That is too funny. I know just what you are going through.

Anonymous said...

Good thing it was the "other" Ernie. My oh my.
Unka E

The Brooner's said...

Oh my goodness, hilarious! What was that? He is adorable Nat, but I can imagine. My #2, even though a girl is like Wyatt, makes Bridget seem sooo easy. Enjoy your naps, all I can think about these days is one full night of sleep!

KLamb said...

Oh dear! So cute... your aspiring esthetician!

Anonymous said...

"Baby Uncle Ernie's" skin never felt so smooth and soft! What, no make-up handy for him to apply? He is being soooo normal and cute.... A Jane