Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Oregon Coast, Part I

I'm not sure how many posts I'm going to do on this trip we just took, but there are lots of photos documenting our relaxing week at the coast. Some might think it was crazy for us to drive for two days to go to the beach when we could just drive 10 minutes down the road, but the Oregon Coast is quite different from the sunny, crowded, oil derrick views of Southern California. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind those things and am blessed to live near them. Nathan has never been to the Oregon coast and has always wanted to go. I have been there a few times as a kid and have fond memories. So we packed up the car, met up with Grandpa, Grandma and Uncle Drew and relaxed away looking at the big swell out the living room window. Somehow, that never got old.

It was rainy for the first day or so, which I had expected for the whole week. Then, the sun came out and it was actually warm and not windy, two things I do not usually associate with the Oregon coast. It was a nice surprise. We enjoyed having some visitors for a few hours the first day too.




Wyatt was driving AK somewhere in his car. : )



I love this picture. ♥


Amelia is clearly thrilled to eat at Mo's. At least the rest of us enjoyed the moment.

8 comments:

Lindsay and Gene said...

What great pictures! Both pictures of Amelia and Wyatt hanging on the buoy swing are adorable :) Glad Amelia enjoyed her meal with the family at Mo's ;)

NaomiG said...

Beautiful. That sounds like such an amazing time... restful, with people you love. Doesn't get better than that. I'm always thrilled when it's stormy and we're at the Oregon beach--it suits it. :-)

Brooke said...

Kids and restaurants, eh? Glad you had such a fun time. It's been ages since we gone to the WA or OR coast. Pretty sad.

The Brooner's said...

Awesome! We loved the postcard!!! I love the pic of Amelia hanging from the tree! So fun! How was the seafood? I am craving seafood from the coast, eating it in UT is not the same!

kdk said...

So sorry we missed you @ the beach. Looks like a perfect time. Tell Amelia I'll make her clam chowder any time!

klamb said...

So glad the rest of your week was sunny! Waves are great, no matter.

Bowmina said...

Great pics! The Oregon coast is indeed a special place :-) Poor Amelia, haha :-)

Amy said...

Ahhh! Nothing like relaxing on the Oregon Coast! Looks like a wonderful time with great family! Wished we could of made it over on Sunday, but it turned out we were all down with colds. My kids like to order the grilled cheese at Mo's as it comes on a frisbee. Alyssa is a huge fan of their clam chowder. Did you get time to wander through the shops in Cannon Beach? That is probably my favorite town on the coast.