Wednesday, April 17, 2013

no training wheels

Last weekend we finally got around to taking the training wheels off Amelia's bicycle. Ever since she got her scooter she pretty much exclusively rides that and the bike sits around and collects a lot of dust. But, after a few times around the parking lot with us holding on, she took off on her own leaving us in the dust! Guess it pays to wait, eh? I found Wyatt's little beat-up rusted out bike at a thrift store for $3 last week. I suppose that had some motivation to get us going on the no training wheel thing. Since he is almost four, we decided to just try skipping training wheels with him. He needs a little more practice but did great! Here is a video of a little "crash" between them. For the record, they were fine within about 2 minutes. : )



7 comments:

kdk said...

Oh, my goodness! The "beat-up, rusted-out bike reminds me of a photo I found yesterday while going through the Taylor albums with your & my mom...I had lots of fun expressing my pent-up resentment my bike from the junkyard in Spokane. I had no appreciation of the "trash to treasure" aspect of the whole thing.

Brooke said...

Nice work, guys!

Anonymous said...

I remember...vaguely...a go cart crash with Nathlie at the wheel...do you remember that? There were at a minimum three highly embarrased adults there...I won't pronounce their names but they are spelled Don Baden, David Penfield and Ernie Storrer. Just sayin'

Unka Ernie

Unknown said...

Ha! Yes, Uncle Ernie, I do remember that quite clearly. Amelia is following in her mother's footsteps rather well, don't you think? ;)

Anonymous said...

Gotta keep up with Mamma...glad the speed was low! By the way, I apologize for my personal negligence!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was priceless! Glad you caught it on video! A Jane

klamb said...

Wow, a couple of "well balanced" children! Love it.