Tuesday, September 2, 2008

five years

August 30, 2003


mmmm mmmm gooood

sand art

the happy couple

cool canna

a hike to Seven Falls




the only falls we saw

Its been five years since that blessed, beautiful summer day we got married. And we actually got the weekend to ourselves, thanks to Grandma B. She offered to fly down and take care of the Amelia while we went away for a few days.

We endured a 4 hour drive in stop and go traffic to Santa Barbara, although a half an hour of that was eating at The Habit in Ventura, a MUCH needed stop (only to find that we had a Habit right across the street from our hotel...). After we got there it was a wonderful weekend. We stayed on State Street and let me tell ya, there is a lot goin' on on State Street. We sampled the local cuisine and browsed all the cute shops and storefronts.

We went on a hike where there were supposedly seven waterfalls, but alas, this time of year, the creek was pretty dry. It was still nice to get some fresh air and enjoy God's creation!

On the way home we made much better time (could it be that we missed Amelia?) and got to spend a little time with Grandpa & Grandma A and Uncle Nick as they were on their way home from San Diego. And of course, we're still having fun with Grandma B who is trying her best to get Amelia to say "Grandma" instead of Papa. : )

7 comments:

Glenda Conner said...

Already? Wow, congratulations you two. Glad you could get away for a few days thats awesome!!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Congrats! We passed up six years in April... it seems like it was just yesterday I heard you two were engaged!

Megan Miller said...

Congratualtions Natalie...and Nathan too I suppose! I'm glad you got to get away a bit. I thought of you all weekend as we planted plants. It's going to look so pretty! I'm so excited! Thank you again for your awsome help. Now if I can just keep them alive.

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Wow, what a beautiful trip!
And now that you mention it...and I see a photo of you....I remember you from Lassen too. I am sure if I go digging I could come up with a photo or two with both of you in them.
It's neat to see you now and your wedding photo is gorgeous!
Congrats to 5 years! (We just passed our 5th as well on Aug 23rd) I can hardly believe 5 years have passed already!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your wedding day was a very beautiful day. It's fun to remember. Glad you were able to get away.

Julia Peel said...

Congrats! It's almost not fun to leave the kiddies behind because the entire time you're gone all you do is think about them and talk about them. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys. Going to your wedding is a nice memory we have. Good for you for getting away--when I first glanced at the pictures I thought maybe you were in Spokane--all that greenery and the clouds : )
~Brooke