Sunday, July 12, 2009

our little friend

Nathan and I were just sitting here in the living room, discussing real estate, when he calmly said: "Well, our little friend is back." I immediately exclaimed, "Really?" and stood up on my chair... like the possum couldn't climb up and get me.

So, it turns out, they are creatures of habit. This little sucker walked right on in the front door! I got the box, Nathan's bamboo sticks (left over from his old Jeet Kune Do days) to coax it, and a flashlight. Basically the light scared him back out the front door. He ran into our backyard and right into the baby gate at our back door. He would have climbed it in two seconds if we weren't chasing him with a flashlight. Instead, he scurried around back and into some landscape.

Ugh.

They are faster than they look, and he didn't seem as big as he did on the shower curtain rod.

I remembered our broken screen on that side of the house, and had Nathan go and duct-tape it to the window for a quick-fix for tonight. I want to get some sleep.

Any of you folks reading this while living in more rural areas are probably laughing hysterically right now. If so, at least someone is getting a kick out of this. Nathan said he should have taken a picture of me running after him with the bamboo sticks... now THAT would have been funny.

And by funny, I mean embarrasing.

For something more joyous: here is a picture of Amelia enjoying her donut with sprinkles yesterday morning. She kept saying "THANK YOU, Mommy!"




6 comments:

Glenda Conner said...

Ohhh my - that little bugger!! LOL

Amy said...

Mmmm! Looks good Amelia! :)

Does this mean you can't leave your doors open anymore? What are you going to do to keep him away? I wonder if you could borrow a cat.... Good luck with that rascal!

Bowmina said...

Hmm...can we loan you Monty for a few days? :)

NaomiG said...

Oh man. I am so not a cat, or animal person really, but I think I would be considering borrowing a cat. And moving out until the cat had done it's work. Trade houses with Clint and Sara for a week, and have them bring Monty with!! **Shudder at the thought of all vermin**

NaomiG said...

Weird, Sara left a comment at the same time I did. :-) Great minds. :-)

Mandy said...

Ha ha know that this is sooo not funny! But I can't help grinning a little as I read these posts! I hope the lil' bugger goes away soon!