Saturday, July 11, 2009

'Possum

3:15 am: I was up feeding Wyatt and headed into the bathroom to discover two beady little eyes looking at me from above. My middle-of-the night blur quickly became an adrenaline rush wondering if I was seeing things or if there really was a rodent type animal sitting on top of my shower curtain? I went and woke my slumbering husband, who does not like to get up during the night, but he was gracious to my request to somehow dispose of what I had now figured out was a baby opossum. And of course, we got a picture of this weird occurrence before he got him down.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! And to have that happen to someone who isn't all that keen on animal/ pets

Bowmina said...

Hahaha, those things are nasty! And hard to kill :) How did you get it out?

Glenda Conner said...

AHHHHHHHHH - now that would give you a fright in the middle of the night!!!

NaomiG said...

Euwwww! I'm glad you're still with us this morning, I think I would have died right then and there.

Megan Miller said...

I have the hebie jebies and may not be able to use your restroom again. Please buy a house quickly.

Tia Langston said...

too funny. weird...but funny.

The Chatty Housewife said...

That thing looks evil.

Amy said...

Whoa! How did it get in? I can't believe you managed to get a picture amidst the discovery and getting it out! Way to stay cool :)

nicole said...

where on earth did that fell come from???
What a great story for Wyatt's memory book!

kdk said...

Did you eat it?

Brooke said...

Oh sick, sick, sick, sick, sick. Both Kelly's comment and the fact that that nastiness had to be in your bathroom : ) I bet only knowing that Wyatt and Amelia were asleep kept you from screaming at the top of your lungs, eh?

KLamb said...

This post is definitely "commentable"! I would like to hear the end of the story...I think.

Julia Peel said...

Natalie, oh.............my..................GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Ernie and I had one in our garage and we were a comedy team as well - trash can lid and plastic tub were our weapons of choice! A Jane