Monday, November 1, 2010

A is for Autumn

We took our annual October trek to the mountains this past weekend. Kim and I took the kids up Thursday night and were so proud of ourselves for getting the pilot light on the heater started and then went and chatted by the fire. We discovered a few hours later that it had gone out and would NOT re-light when we went to bed. So space heaters and blankets it was, we survived to live another day. : ) With a phone call the next day, we figured out how to reset the thing and stay warm the rest of the weekend. I'm sure all you North Westerners are chuckling right now.

Saturday we headed over to Lake Arrowhead as we generally do. This year we decided to get pumpkins for the girls, which they enjoyed carving with their daddy's later that night. It was Octoberfest at Arrowhead Village, so we took in some good deals at the outlets and some lively polka music. The girls had so much fun "dancing" to the music, and as you can see, Kim and I prodded them along. A far cry from about 15-20 years ago when my dad used to blast German polka music from his garage stereo with both doors open and I would run for cover due to extreme embarrassment.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Sounds like a fun weekend once again. That's a cute picture of the daddies with their girls pumpkin carving. I would have loved to see you hiding from your dad and his polka music : )

Anonymous said...

I'm ascared by the spooky Pumpkin! A Jane

Megan Miller said...

Looks like so much fun. Looking forward to T-giving!!

The Brooner's said...

I love the pics! I am ready for some cool weather looking at them. You know Clara's middle name is Autumn? Love Autumn!