Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Carnevale

When we drove back to Gene and Lindsay's after the Valley of the Temples, there was a parade going down their street, so we threw on Amelia's princess dress and headed down to see what it was all about. It ended up being about four groups of people dressed up, one group of Native Americans, followed by a group of cowboys, a group of devils, and a group of Vikings. We never really figured out what the significance was. They had blaring music coming out of a building next to the old church and a ton of kids running around in the small piazza in front. They all had bags of confetti and were throwing handfuls, point blank at one another. Amelia was quite confused with it all, but eventually joined in the fun.

Wyatt strolling up to the commotion with the coolest (only) leash in town.

Thanks, Uncle Gene and Aunt Lindsay for the silly string and the confetti!

Trying it out with Uncle Gene.

Not so sure about the whole idea.

After getting offended over several handfuls in the face, she decided to try it out. Now that we are unpacked at home, I'm still finding small pieces of confetti around the house!

We took a stroll out on the pier afterward and looked back to see Mt. Etna peeking over the hill at us.

Thanks for putting up with all of my posts, this is my form of journaling for the trip since I didn't keep one while I was there. I did that when I studied in Torino for the summer and its so fun to go back and read now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing what you did...Princess dress was priceless and so is the leash! Nothing like a celebration of.....anything! AJane

Lindsay and Gene said...

Love it :) After sweeping our whole house and getting what I thought was all the glitter and confetti, I found more on the back patio...haha. Fun times!