Sunday, March 13, 2011

Valley of the Temples

After an Italian breakfast at the agriturissmo, we headed to the Valle dei Templi. We needed to follow signs to Agrigento, can anyone tell me which way to go based on the following picture? Thankfully, Tom Tom got us to our correct location.

In front of the Temple of Concordia
built around 430 B.C.

Temple of Concordia

Temple of Hercules
(The national hero of Sicily)
built around 510 B.C.
An amazing, old (maybe ancient?), olive tree.

On a side note: we are back home safely now after a long, long, day of flying on Friday. I am continually impressed with the kindness of strangers when I fly alone with the kids. It was evident that the prayers for our safe journey were heard and are much appreciated! ♥

4 comments:

Lindsay and Gene said...

Your camera takes amazing pictures! I don't think I noticed that olive tree, very cool. I am so glad you all made it home safe <3

Brooke said...

Yeah for being home safely. I hope that you can get caught up on sleep before you have to get caught up on laundry : ) Nice thinking to travel home on the time change weekend--what's a little hour time difference when there's such a big jet lag going on on, eh? Thanks for sharing your pictures!

NaomiG said...

Looks like an amazing trip!! So glad it went well, and that you're home safe.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I have travelled without going anywhere! Terrific pics...the bed jumping brings back memories. Love the ancient structures,old trees, horses and carnival! AJane