Thursday, March 29, 2012

a mermaid party

This year we decided to finally have a kid birthday party for Amelia since turning 5 is kind of a big deal (we still got to have the family party the following weekend, but that will be for another post). She wanted a mermaid party and there was no changing her mind on the matter. That's her favorite part of Peter Pan. So I did my best to pull a few things together and I think all the kids had a good time. : )

I couldn't resist these cupcake toppers. So cute.
I got them here on etsy.

One of the cute little boys in attendance. : )

The coloring girls.

Pin the flower on the mermaid. The kids ended up being too smart for this game!

The kids had more fun making up their own games, like "jump on the clubhouse couch cushions." This is especially fun when you're not allowed to do that at home.

The after party.
The birthday girl had fever, sore throat and a runny nose when all was said and done. A relapse from earlier in the week.

Nothing like some new birthday presents to get your mind off the sniffles.

5 comments:

nicole said...

birthday wishes.

Brooke said...

Looks like a fun party, Amelia! I really like that cupcake tower. Kids are always outsmarting us moms when it comes to games, eh?

NaomiG said...

Aw, what a fun party! Mermaids never go out of style for a girl's birthday party. :-)

kdk said...

I'm seeing a lot of something that never shows up in my house: Pink!

Bowmina said...

Cute cupcake toppers ;-)