Wednesday, March 2, 2011

lag

We made it in one piece! We're a bit on a wacky sleep schedule, but I suppose that comes with the territory. Wyatt slept until 11:00 and Amelia slept until 11:30 this morning... after both kids were wide awake around 2:00 am and I had to use some persuasion from a bottle of children's benedryl around 3:00 to help them out. Guess it worked! Uncle Gene got off work early today, so we got to pick him up and see the base. We hope to go into Catania to do a little shopping and have some dinner this evening. I forgot that everything is closed from 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoons and restaurants don't open until 8:00 pm over here. I was once accustomed to this lifestyle, but I have since aged 10 years and have birthed two children. ; )

Sacked out on Momma's bed.

Trying on Uncle Gene's hat on the way home from the Base.


And thats it for pictures thus far. I hope to take many, many more.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't even imagine trying to adjust their sleeping schedules. That's a pretty cute picture of them on your bed. Have fun! Eat something realllllly yummy for me. And lots of it!

nicole said...

glad you made it...enjoy the change of pace...sleep late and eat late.

Rose said...

How fun for all of you!! I'm so glad you get a chance to see where they live. So good to hear the kids finally let the momma get some sleep :)!

N8 said...

When I see Wyatt and Amelia sleeping like that I can only think of: "the lamb will lie down with the lion." That be two tired kiddos right there.

Megan Miller said...

So glad you made it. Now ENJOY! Yes, let's shoot for the end of April. :)